last year i made a list of 27 things to do when i’m 27. i don’t get to cross all of them off today. some of them get crossed off, but with variations. nonetheless, i’m pretty excited about what this year was for me.
and i’m excited to add some of the 27 back on my 28 for 28 list.
27 was a good year. but i’ve got this feeling that 28 is going to be great.
3. photograph a wedding
4. go to maine, vermont & new hampshire (finally finish east coast states)
didn’t finish the northeast states. i finished the northwest states instead.
6. launch website.
7. visit soundgarden in syracuse.
didn’t go to soundgarden in syracuse. went to 5 indie records across the country instead.
8. go to nashville. twice.
9. climb a mountain i’ve never climbed
11. write a new arrangement for a dcfc song (with help)
started this. didn’t finish it. and now i want to go in a different direction.
13. tell at least 1 person i love them every day
15. take photos of sean, natalie, brody, lucas, emma & ava
17. take mom on a trip
18. visit a friend i haven’t seen in a long time
21. take 2 more tree photos for shannon’s wall
22. take my sister out of the country
we didn’t leave US soil. but we made our trip better than i could have planned. out of the country or not.
23. drive across country & stop at salvation mountain
24. eat as little processed food as i can
25. make new clothes out of old
27. encourage someone to love without fear
i’m making this list a little more accessible. because i want badly to accomplish the whole list. i can’t be taking 7 trips out of the country. this list is going to be quirky but attainable.
so. without further ado.
28 for 28.
1. make homemade bagels. at least once.
2. sell a painting
3. sell a photo
4. go to maine, vermont & new hampshire OR utah & nevada, OR north dakota, minnesota & iowa OR alaska
5. take my sister out of the country
6. maintain a daily prayer journal
7. finally beat my giant
8. write a business plan & start it
9. start an editorial photo project
10. take a self portrait i’m proud of
11. simplify. everything.
12. start oil cleansing
13. create a painting for someone
14. write & illustrate a children’s book
15. plan an adventure for someone else
16. design a greeting card line
17. love someone through an ugly time
18. encourage someone using few words
19. design a band poster
20. make an idea book & record 1 idea per week
21. sell unnecessary ‘things’
22. take sean on an adventure
23. listen to 1 album/month, that i’ve never listened to before
24. take portraits & stories of nana & grandaddy
25. plan a scotland adventure with adam
26. write & design a comic book
27. complete 1 crazy project per month
28. love like leonard. love people simply. love like i can’t imagine life otherwise.
change. my favorite word. it’s making a permanent place in my life. and i’m working with it, but it’s happening with gnashing of my teeth.
but the thing i keep telling myself is that without change, i’m dead. and i’m here to be alive.
so i’ll keep fighting myself. i’ll keep turning it over. because this is what’s making me alive. 28? sounds about the same as 27. i know it’s not going to be. there’s too much on the horizon.
change. i’m starting to like it. little by little.
(sleeping at last- umbrellas)